Italian Style Chicken Meatballs
Serves 4 – 6
1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into one- to two-inch chunks and frozen for about a half-hour
1 small chunk (about one ounce) Italissima Parmesan cheese
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Italissima extra virgin olive oil
All-purpose flour for dredging
- Put chicken in freezer while you prepare other ingredients.
- Put Parmesan, parsley and onion in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped.
- Add egg, chicken and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper, and continue to pulse until the chicken is coarsely ground — finer than chopped, but not much.
- Shape into one-inch meatballs, pressing no more than necessary.
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- One by one, dredge the meatballs in the flour and add to the oil. Cook, turning as necessary, until nicely browned all over, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature, with lemon wedges.
1465 Kootenay Street Vancouver, BC V5K 4Y3 604.253.5578
Commercial Drive Location
Victoria Drive Location