Mascarpone and Pink Grapefruit Verrines
¼ cup (60 mL) raw sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) pink grapefruit juice
5 oz (150 g) Italissima Mascarpone
1 cup (250 mL) fat-free vanilla Greek-style yogurt
2 cups (500 mL) store-bought angel food cake, cut into cubes
2 cups (500 mL) pink grapefruit segments (membrane removed)
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes to obtain a syrup. Cool at room temperature.
2. Using an electric mixer, whip Mascarpone and add yogurt.
3. Divide angel food cake among 8 verrines or small glasses.
4. Cover with half of Mascarpone cream, add grapefruit, then cover with remaining Mascarpone cream.
5. Top with grapefruit syrup and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
1465 Kootenay Street Vancouver, BC V5K 4Y3 604.253.5578
Commercial Drive Location
Victoria Drive Location