Tree Fruit Cobbler and Brie
2 apples, peeled and quartered
2 peaches or nectarines, peeled and quartered
2 pears, peeled and quartered
2 plums, peeled and quartered
¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) Mediterranean Gourmet Lemon Juice
1 tsp (5 mL) Merchants Pure Vanilla Extract
1 star anise
2 cups (500 mL) unbleached flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) Italissima Sea Salt
⅓ cup (75 mL) brown sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) cold butter
1¼ cups (310 mL) milk
6 oz (180 g) Italissima Brie, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
2. In a large baking dish, mix fruit with ¼ cup (60 ml) brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and star anise.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine dry ingredients with ⅓ cup (75 ml) brown sugar.
5. Add cold butter and cut into dry ingredients using a fork, until a fine granular texture is obtained.
6. Stir in milk until well combined.
7. Remove fruit from oven, discard star anise and arrange Brie slices evenly over fruit.
8. Place spoonfuls of dough on top of Brie and continue baking in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
1465 Kootenay Street Vancouver, BC V5K 4Y3 604.253.5578
Commercial Drive Location
Victoria Drive Location